Ughhh. There is this girl I know who is always complaining on facebook about her ‘ibs flair ups’ and how sick she constantly is. She also mentions several times that gluten is one of your triggers…
Today she said ‘i mixed lemonade with pbr! So good’
Last week she said something about how she had the best pasta.
…..girl. are you just dumb or are you just terrible at lying?
I wish my parents understood my mental health issues better. Like this past semester I was really on the struggle bus with depression and like I mentioned it once to them but I don’t really like talking about it. Then a few weeks later I’ll say something about it and they say ‘oh we thought you were better. Are you taking your meds?”
Like I know they care and they’ve seen me at my lowest depression and highest mania before I was diagnosed but they just. I don’t know. Don’t understand.
My dad likes to pull the ‘just stop being depressed. There are people who have it worse’. I hate that.
My boyfriend sometimes just let’s me soak in my depression because he doesnt want to push me or something. Just trying to be caring.
Idk. I just. Wish I had someone who understood better.
One conversation that happened tonight at work
- Obvious drunk dude: yeah I need 2 double cheeseburgers plain
- Me: okay anything else?
- Odd: yeah I came through last night and ordered it plain but it still came with onions pickles and stuff. I'm allergic to onions.
- Me: ..... okay well I have it rung in but I'll make sure its right...
- Odd: but I called and stuff.
- Me: .... so... do you remember what manager you spoke to? I'll check to see if your name is in the book
- Odd: no it was at the north store [I work south store]
- Me: oh well I'm sorry but if it was at the north store I can't do anything.... we are different restaurants...
- Odd: what?? Ugh that makes me very upset.
- Me: .... I'm sorry... please pull to second window...
- Odd: [now at window, paid and receiving food] I'm still very upset. What's your name?
- Me: ...why?
- Odd: because do you have a boyfriend?
i don’t want someone who thinks i’m perfect, i want someone who knows i’m not and loves me anyway
Doc’s nurse called me today with biopsy results from my scope last week.
They are ‘unspecific inflammation’. Mergh. Thanks. Please just figure out what’s wrong with me so maybe I won’t be in constant pain and all that jazz.
What else they found in my scope: hiatal hernia, ulcer, blunted villi, and inflammed ascending colon.
Just. Please. Give me more than ‘IBS’. I know more is wrong because I’ve been in pain for 3 years.
The worst thing you can do to a person with an invisible illness is make them feel like they need to prove how sick they are.
*goes to a party and awkwardly follows freind around the entire time*
Ask me about my body. (¬‿¬)
- Hair: What hair color looks best on you and what's your natural color?
- Skin: Do you tan easily?
- Eyes: What is your favorite show to watch?
- Nose: What is your favorite perfume/candle fragrance?
- Mouth: Do you want to kiss anyone right now?
- Tongue: What was in your last meal?
- Windpipe: Do you sing?
- Neck: Do you wear necklaces?
- Ears: How many piercings do you have (if any)?
- Cheeks: Do you blush easily?
- Wrists: Have you ever broken a bone?
- Hands: Are you an artist/writer?
- Fingers: Do you play an instrument?
- Heart: Are you in love? If so, does the one you love know?
- Lungs: Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Chest: Are your maternal/parental instincts strong?
- Stomach: Do you feel confident in your body image?
- Back: Are you a virgin?
- Hips: Do you like to dance?
- Thighs: Has anyone ever called you fat or ugly?
- Knees: Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Ankles: Have you ever been arrested?
- Feet: Favorite pair of shoes?
- Brain: Anything you want to ask